Tips for using a pesticide in Knoxville

The most important thing to look for when you are buying pesticides are the labels. Examining the label will give you all that you, or a exterminator, will want to understand for a particular pesticide. The labels on pesticides will contain one of three signal words.
  1. Caution – “Slightly Toxic”
  2. Warning – “Significantly Toxic”
  3. Danger with (poisonous, peligro, image of skull and cross bones) – “Severely Toxic”
These will let you know the toxicity of the pesticide that is being handled. It is important for people to keep in mind that although pesticides vary in degrees of toxicity, they are still all dangerous. They all are harmful to humans and animals, specifically if digested or put in contact with the skin or the eyes. Of course, the more severely ranked the toxicity, the more dangerous the pesticide, and the more harmful to people. By looking at these signal words, buyers are able to identify what pesticide poses the least amount of danger but still sufficiently effective to be used for pest control in their Knoxville home. Users should never forget to read all parts of the label and follow directions for using pesticides precisely, in order to avoid getting hurt.
 
If you are accidentally exposed to a pesticide, follow the instructions on the bottle, call your local Knoxville changeme poison control center or call the American Association of Poison Control Centers emergency, information, and prevention hotline at 1-800-222-1222. Or seek medical attention at once.
 
If it is necessary for you to get rid of previously bought pesticides, do so safely by searching for toxic or hazardous waste collection day programs or by talking to the Knoxville area solid waste management, health department, or environmental agency.
 
Avoid the hassle and potential hazards all-together by giving your Knoxville pest control experts a call. We’ll take care of the problem so you won’t have to.